Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Food Poisoning and Nia on Date! September 19, 2022

Well everyone this week was pretty good. 

About halfway through the week I started to feel lightheaded and felt nauseous. After drinking some water and lying down for a bit it didn't get any better. That lasted for a couple days. It was weird, I never have felt that way before. Our mission doctor thinks it was something I ate...anyhow I'm doing much better now! 

So those 2 or so days we did as much work as we could which wasn't too much but we didn't completely stop. It was interesting dealing with a sickness, I don't get sick a ton and it made me think about Jesus Christ and His Atonement. In Alma ch. 7 we read of what Jesus Christ felt on our behalf. It states: "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people." I had always known that Christ had suffered for my sins and my afflictions. But this verse reminded me that Christ knew how I felt when I was sick. 

I tend to be pretty independant when I am sick, I don't really like asking for help to feel better. Being sick and remembering that Christ also felt it made me think about how I needed to rely on him more even when getting through a sickness. 

After I got better I was grateful and felt that I learned something from this experience. 

Well enough about being sick. We had a lesson with our friend Nia who we have been teaching the last few weeks. We invited her to be baptized last week and she said yes. This week we extended a date, October 15th, and she said yes. She is kinda nervous for how quick it is coming. But we feel that she can be ready, so pray for her! 

Transfer news came in today. Elder Morgan and I are staying together for my last transfer, weird how I only have 6 weeks left. Does not feel real. They are opening up another YSA area. So we will have 4 missionaries in our apartment and we will be sharing an area. So that will be interesting! 

Mizzou had a football game this weekend which made contacting kinda hard but we did our best, gotta love campus finding! 

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Spencer 


No comments:

Post a Comment