Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Testimony Meeting and Canadian Thanksgiving, October 10, 2022

Hey everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to my family and friends in the Great White North hope you enjoy lots of great food. 

This week was hard work, but in doing that hard work there was joy found. 

Nia is so ready for baptism. She actually ended up joining us in on a lesson we were teaching to another friend! (Unfortunately I was on exchanges so wasn't there for the actual lesson but Elder Morgan filled me in on it) 

Fast and testimony meeting was also pretty special yesterday. Nia got up and bore her testimony. She talked about how she is so grateful we ran into her and brought her to the knowledge of the Restored Gospel. She said these past 2 months have felt like 3 years. She is nervous for her baptism but ultimately was grateful because she is no longer wandering around from place to place. She has found where she feels at home. Many Branch members came up to her afterwards and thanked her and offered support. The Spirit was so powerful! That was honestly the highlight of the week. Seeing her progress these past couple months has been amazing. 

I am amazed and honored that Heavenly Father would let someone as imperfect as myself to be His Hands in helping one of His children come back to Him. It fills my heart with joy just thinking about it! 

There is a scripture that stood out to me from my personal studies I'd like to share along with a question someone commented in Elders Quorum yesterday. 

The Scripture is D and C 121: 34-35

34 Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen?

35 Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, and aspire to the honors of men, that they do not learn this one lesson

The question posed was "Am I building my kingdom or Am I building God's Kingdom?" It got me thinking and I hope you can ponder on this question and reflect on your own efforts to follow God. 

Hope you all have a great week! 

Also if you are looking for something good to read. Elder Bednar's most recent Conference talk will not disappoint!  Elder Spencer 

                                                    






No comments:

Post a Comment