Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Looks Like I have time for One More! October 31, 2022

Well everyone today has been a blur. Only added to this last week in the field.

This week was pretty great! Got to do my last two exchanges they went pretty well! 

We had a super wonderful miracle this week. So one morning (I think it was Wednesday) we woke up with a notification we had a referral (someone who expresses interest in learning more from missionaries) not gonna lie out of the 50 or so I've received during my mission not many have actually been interested after all. 

This one was different. His name is Eddie! He knew some members of the Church growing up and was always touched by the lives they lived. He desired a positive relationship with his future family. 

We made contact with him as soon as we could. He replied almost right away and we met him that day. We had a great lesson where we learned the previously above mentioned info. 

We met with him one more time on Saturday. During our planning session for him Elder Morgan and I felt we should extend a baptismal invite and date even though it was still early on in the teaching process. 

During the lesson the opportunity arose and we invited him to be baptized in Nov.26th. He checked his calendar to see he would be out of town that weekend but he said he could do Dec. 3rd!! I am so excited for him, sad I won't get to see it through but I'm grateful to have met Eddie! 

That was the biggest highlight by far this week. 

The rest was full of goodbyes and see you laters. Many meals with members, spiritual thoughts shared and food enjoyed. 

Sunday was the hardest especially saying goodbye to Cody and Nia. Those two hold a special place in my heart. 

After church me and a couple other Elders who are going home as well drove down to St.Louis. There we met the other 19 missionaries leaving, office staff and President and Sister McKay. We all had dinner and a final testimony meeting.  

Then off to bed, three of us had early morning flights. So me and another Elder got to spend the night in the Assistants apartment. I got to say one last goodbye to Elder Hurst, love that Elder! 

This morning Elder Dotson and I woke up at 3:30am to get ready to leave for the airport by 4am. 

Us and a Sister missionary also leaving were then picked up and dropped off at the airport. 

We went our separate ways from there. Although I ran into Elder Dotson later and we walked to our first gate together which was great. 

I hopped on a plane to Chicago and then took one to Calgary, that is where I am currently waiting to board my last flight to Edmonton! 

I'm grateful for the time spent in Missouri and Illinois the last 2 years, I have come away a new person, more focused on Jesus Christ and those around me. I have learned many lessons. I'm excited to keep growing, nervous but also excited. 

Love you all! Elder Spencer 


No comments:

Post a Comment